Welcome to the Black Gold Archives
Welcome to the Black Gold Archives. Explore the timeline as it chronicles sixteen tracks that make up the Black Gold greatest hits record and discover stories and memories from each song. Videos, photos and memories written by the band and people who lived through each song. And, most importantly, add your own memory to the archives and let the whole world share in it. Every memory that is shared will be added to the archive for everybody else to see. A photo of a tiny, sweaty gig in the early 2000s… A grainy video taken from your old camera phone thrust in the air while you lived out your favourite festival moment… Or maybe words. A story, a moment, a memory.
Explore the Black Gold Archive at your leisure and share in the moments that crafted Editors up to this point. And don’t forget to leave something to show the world that you were part of the journey too.
From the dates of 18 October 2019 – 01 December 2019, we’ll be running a competition to find the best Editors fan memories out there. We know Editors fans, and we know there are so many gems of stories that we don’t know about – yet. We’re on a mission to find them. Maybe you crowd-surfed at an Editors show and were dumped at the feet of the future love of your life? Or maybe you won a lotto jackpot, inspired by one of Tom’s lyrics? We want to know!
The person whose submission is deemed the ‘best’ – as decided by a panel of judges including members of the band themselves – will win two tickets to any Editors concert along their ‘Black Gold’ tour, as well as travel for two to the city in question, and accommodation for the night. There will also be prizes for the best runners-up.
Best of luck!
How Do I Enter?
1. Visit Editors ‘Black Gold Archives’ website
2. Click ‘Add To The Archive’
3. Fill out the form
4. You can upload an image or link to a YouTube video to add an extra, visual dimension to your submission. The image or video could be footage you took at an Editors show, or you could film yourself talking about your story or memory. Get creative. Make yours stand out.
5. Click ‘Submit Your Memory’
6. You can repeat this process as many times as you like and add all of your favourite memories
7. We will be in touch if you’ve been successful