Language: EN | DE | NL | FR | ES | IT | PL
The WE LOVE EDITORS competition is a multi-territory prize promotion being run by [PIAS] UK Limited of 1 Bevington Path, London, SE1 3PW (company number: 02685907) (“PIAS” or “we”).
The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern your use of this website (“Website”), your #weloveeditors video uploads and the competition (“Competition”) should you enter.
We may change the Terms and Conditions from time to time so do review them regularly. By using the Website and/or entering the Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them.
- The Competition is open to residents of United Kingdom, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Poland and Republic of Ireland only.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. NEITHER WILL A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- The Promoter of the WE LOVE EDITORS Competition is [PIAS] UK Limited.
- The starting date of the Competition is 18 January 2018.
- The closing date of the Competition is 23:59GMT on 31 January 2018. Entries received after this time will not be considered eligible to win a prize.
- To enter, you need to (a) record a video of yourself saying what the band Editors mean to you in no longer than 30 seconds (the video must feature you in person at some point) (if your video is not in English, you will need to supply a transcript (in the language in which it is recorded) on the entry form so that we can easily translate it for judging purposes); (b) upload the video to either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #weloveeditors; (c) all videos may be aggregated at www.editorsofficial/fans; (d) finally and importantly in order to complete your Competition entry, you must enter the requested details using the online form on www.editorsofficial/fans.
- Your entry must comply with the User Content Policy whereby your upload must:
- not feature any infringing material or persons who have not consented to appear;
- be original to you and no other party should have any rights to it;
- be fully cleared so that you have obtained all required consents and permits to enable you to submit the entry to the Competition and for it to appear on the Website and be used in the way envisaged by the Competition;
- not be deceptive or fraudulent;
- not be or reasonably be considered to be hateful, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, abusive, threatening, offensive or pornographic or inciting of violence or containing nudity or violence or depicting any illegal activity;
- not reference ammunition and/or firearms or the sale of tobacco, alcohol or pharmaceutical products.
We may delay publication of your entry to the Competition site for the time necessary to moderate the content and ensure it is in line with our User Content Policy.
- Entrants expressly agree to assume the risk of lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaudible, stolen, undelivered or misdirected entries.
- All valid entries received will be assessed and then shortlisted and judged by a panel of judges (which may include any professional advisors deemed necessary by such judges) (the “Judge(s)”) containing at least one Judge who is not an employee of the Promoter and according to the following broad criteria and stages:
- passion for the band
- creativity shown in conveying your message
- On or about 1 February 2018, the Promoter will select the six (6) most passionate and creative entries as the winners. Someone from the band Editors shall supervise the determination. The panel shall have sole discretion as to which entries are valid entries and the result of the prizes selection is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The 6 prize winners will be notified by email or telephone using the information provided on the entry form on or about 1 February 2018. Promoter shall make all reasonable attempts to engage winners. In order to receive the prizes, the winners must provide a copy of their personal identification and will be required to sign a statement of eligibility and a publicity/liability release by 12:00GMT on 3 February 2018. If the winner(s) fail to do so, alternate winner(s) will be selected. Telephone notification shall be deemed to have occurred on the date the Promoter first attempts to make telephone contact with a winner, and email notification shall be deemed to have occurred on the date such notification is sent. If any prospective winner is found to be ineligible for any reason, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Any non-response by a winner, or the Promoter’s failure to receive a response from any winner within the prescribed period will result in forfeit and the selection of an alternate potential winner. In the event of any non-compliance with these Official Rules, the winner will forfeit and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Despite all reasonable efforts being made, the Promoter is not responsible for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential winner.
- The 6 prize winners will win a trip for him/ herself plus one (1) guest (such guest to be 18 years or over, resident in the same country as the winner, able to travel on the same itinerary as the winner, agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions) to travel to the South of England and stay at a historic 16th century country farmhouse for a twenty four (24) hour VIP experience which will include a special listening session of Editors new and unreleased album ‘Violence’, a very special acoustic performance by the band and a Q&A with the band, a personal copy of Violence, signed by the whole band (sent by post after the album is officially released), as well as use of facilities including swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and tennis courts. The exact location of the farmhouse will be notified to you before the trip and neither or your guest shall disclose details publicly whether on social media or otherwise. The trip will be two (2) days in length and the dates of travel shall be outbound leg to UK on 15 February 2018 and return on 16 February 2018. The prize includes two (2) return flights from country of residence to London, UK with transfers to the farmhouse; one (1) night’s stay at the farmhouse, one (1) room (winner and guest must share a room and may have to share a double bed as some rooms at the farmhouses only have doubles), with food and drink provided for two (2) people during the twenty four (24) hour experience included.
- Winner plus guest must bear their own costs of transport to and from originating airport in country of residence (“Originating Airport”). The Promoter will chose the Originating Airport, in its sole discretion, by reference to airports in the winner’s territory with direct flights to London Gatwick or London Heathrow.
- Winner plus guest must bear their own costs of insurance, ensuring they have valid passports & visas to enter UK; any other incidental costs outside of the scheduled twenty four (24) hour experience; and any room service charges at the farmhouse. Travel dates are not change-able or transferrable. They are completely fixed. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades.
- Winners must inform the Promoter of any food allergies at least 5 days before the outbound leg.
- The approximate retail value of the top prize is approximately GBP 1,000. Actual retail value of the prize depends on location of winner, fares, lodging and other costs at time of booking, but if actual retail value is less than stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded. All reservations and travel arrangements shall be with suppliers selected by the Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion and must be made through a travel agent selected by the Promoter and are subject to availability. The prize may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. In the event any activity included in the prize is cancelled, delayed or postponed for any reason, winner will not be reimbursed and prize shall consist solely of the remaining elements, if any. Winner and winner’s travel companion must travel on the same itinerary, and must be available to travel on dates specified by the Promoter. Winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation (e.g., valid passport, photo ID, etc.) prior to travel. The prize is not assignable or transferable. No transfers or substitutions are permitted, except that the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to unavailability or otherwise in its sole and absolute discretion. Any costs, expenses or incidentals are the responsibility of winner and travel companion, as are all federal, state, local and income taxes on the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a background check, including but not limited to criminal history, on the winner and/or the winner’s travel companion(s).
- The Promoter intends to use winners and their guests in event publicity. During the 24 hour experience, we will film the activities and create edits for promotion. You agree to be filmed and for the films to be used by the Promoter at their discretion. All edits will be at the final discretion of the Promoter. You agree to the publicity release below.
- The winner and their guest shall not record, reproduce or share any prize activity or unreleased music during and after their trip, or share details publicly on social media or otherwise, until the Editors ‘Violence’ is officially released.
- The Competition is void where taxed, prohibited or restricted by law. Officers, directors and employees of the Promoter, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates; individuals or entities responsible for the development, printing, distribution and implementation of this Competition; suppliers and individuals who are employees of or members of the immediate family or household of any of the foregoing are not eligible. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. By entering this Contest, you understand that you are providing your information to Promoter and not to those social media platforms.
- Winner and their guests represent and warrant that:
- they will not carry out any act or omission which is untrue or which could reasonably be considered to be obscene, blasphemous or defamatory, derogatory or disparaging, or that may or does adversely affect any advertising or promotional campaign of the Promoter, or may or does bring the Promoter into disrepute including but not limited to any arrest, prosecution or conviction relating to any criminal or illegal act;
- they will not without the consent in writing of the Promoter use, reveal or make public any secret elements of the prize activity, including but not limited to unreleased music, details of such, location of the farmhouse where the band will be, financial or business information of the Promoter or any member of their group;
- The Promoter shall make available on request the name, state and country of residence of all prize-winners.
- A cash alternative is not available for any prize.
- If you choose to upload a video using the hashtag #weloveeditors but not enter the Competition, the video must comply with the User Content Policy above.
- By uploading a video with the hashtag #weloveeditors, submitting or sending personal information and user content to the Website or to the Promoter, attending the prize trip and appearing in event publicity, you grant the Promoter the royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable and assignable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material and any material which is created therefrom (in whole or part) (including all rights therein such as image rights, copyright and all intellectual property rights) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You also warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been irrevocably waived in favour of the Promoter.
- By participating, entrants, Website users and video uploaders (“Releasing Parties”) agree that, to the extent permissible under applicable law, the Promoter, their group and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Releasing Parties against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry, use, upload, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in the Competition.
- Releasing Parties shall indemnify the Promoter from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses arising in any way from a breach of the Releasing Parties’ obligations, warranties or representations under these Terms and Conditions or in any way given as part of the Competition.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.